The aim of HKSCC is to improve the professional status of cosmetic scientists in Hong Kong and mainland China, encourage education and research, and provide the means for the dissemination and interchange of knowledge pertinent to cosmetic and related sciences.
The Aims of the Society are:
- To advance the science of cosmetics and toiletries
- To provide the means for the dissemination and interchange of knowledge pertinent to cosmetic and related sciences
- To promote high ethical standards in cosmetic science
- To improve the professional status of members
- To encourage education and research in cosmetic and related sciences
- To ensure the long-term viability of the Society
- To maximize the accessibility of Society activities and encourage participation throughout the profession
The management of the Society is vested in the Council, which consists of the President, the Immediate Past President, the Vice-President, the Honorary Secretary, the Honorary Treasurer, and at least six ordinary members. The policies formed by the Council are supported by active committees: Scientific Programs, Public Relations, Education and General Purposes
Mr. Dicky Lo, President
Mr. Simon Chan, Founding President (Chair of the Public Relations Committee)
Ms. Elaine Chan, Vice President
Mr. Chris Pang, Secretary
Mr. Johnny Tang, Treasurer
Prof. MF Wang, Scientific Committee
Dr. Lisa Tian, PR committee
Mr. Wilson Chau, Educational Committee
Mr. Terence Cheung, Committee
Mr. Steve Ma, Committee
Dr. Timothy Tam, Committee
International Federation of Societies of Cosmetic Chemists (IFSCC) is a truly worldwide federation dedicated to international cooperation in cosmetic science and technology. Interest in the formation of such an organization crystallized in Paris in 1956 and culminated in the birth of the federation in Brussels, Belgium on September 8, 1959. Today, 47 countries have met the high standards of scientific and educational qualifications of the IFSCC and, as members, support the organization's aims and programs. The number of individual members in the Federation now exceeds 15,000 and is still growing.
Official Website: www.ifscc.org
© Copyright 2015 by HKSCC. All Rights Reserved.